General Showcase Information
In light of the forthcoming Arts Midwest Conference to be held in Columbus OH this fall, the OAPN Board has decided to support the AMW Conference in lieu of a separate OAPN fall conference this year. We are delighted that AMW will be in Columbus and we urge all of our members to attend this conference. OAPN will have a presence at this conference and we look forward to seeing you there.
If you have applied for a showcase, your fee registration will be returned within ten business days. This opportunity gives artists, agents and presenters an opportunity to network in a larger arena and the OAPN a larger platform to be visible to our current members.
For any inquiries you may contact Arica at 614.299.0221 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The OAPN Showcase offers applicants an annual opportunity to perform for performing arts presenters from around Ohio and engage in a vibrant and affordable arts marketplace.
- Applications typically open in late spring, are judged rough two months after applications begin, and the OAPN Showcase conference is normally held around the second or third week of October.
- The applications are judged by an anonymous panel of performing arts presenters in Ohio, with artistic merit being the highest rated category.
- All genres of performing arts are encouraged to apply.
- Up to 40 applicants will be offered showcase opportunities, and a series of alternates are also chosen.
- There are typically 4 showcase performance blocks throughout the conference schedule, consisting of approximately 7-10 performances each.
- One showcase block is always reserved for Young Adult and Family performances, and OAPN works with local school districts to bring in an audience of school children to enjoy the performances and then respond via educational packets supplied by the performers.
- All showcases blocks may be open to the public as a service to the local community and to provide the presenters with a natural audience to gauge audience interaction and interest in the performances being showcased.
- Application cost is $50 + tax.
- If chosen, the performer, or performer's management, must purchase a registration to the conference, an exhibit booth for the arts marketplace, and pay the required technical fee.
- You must be a member of OAPN to showcase.
For more information, visit the OAPN profile on I Want to Showcase
- Why Showcase? This is a fantastic opportunity to get your act in front of arts presenters from around the state and to engage with a network of arts professionals from around the country. OAPN's Annual Conference is attended by industry leaders in performance, management, and presenting from all over North America, and we offer an affordable network for high quality performing arts
- Why must I be a member to showcase? OAPN's membership allows for communication throughout the year amongst members, and it is important to us to stay in touch with our members and showcase artists to help facilitate booking opportunities wherever possible. We also assist in block booking efforts at other regional showcase conferences, so maintaining a membership is useful in this manner, as well.
- How does OAPN assist in booking? We work with out members to gather data on interest in showcase performers in order to facilitate block booking. We will offer opportunities for presenters to discuss booking in private throughout the conference, and include a dedicated block booking meeting at the end of the conference. Data gathered from our conference will also be shared with member presenters who are unable to attend the conference,as well, further multiplying the possibility of creating a block.
- The cost to showcase seems high. OAPN has maintained the same fee structure for many years, keeping the cost for our showcase artists as low as possible. Fees for registration cover meals lunch and dinner for Monday and Tuesday where all our membership meets for networking and discussion. Fees for exhibit hall are necessary to cover the cost of providing the space to engage with presenters and discuss booking opportunities. And the tech fee is necessary to cover the associated costs with the production of the showcases themselves.
- Even with the total cost of all of these fees, and with reduced costs for labor and rentals we are able to negotiate due to our nonprofit status and industry relationships, in 2016 OAPN subsidized showcase production by roughly $10,000 out of our own operating funds in order to keep funds as low as possible for our showcase performers.
- If you have any additional questions or concerns, visit the showcase link above or feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com